Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 - an year of change

It's that time of the year when I look back at the year that has passed and the experiences it has brought about in my life. Moreover it's been a while since I sat down to write some thing, so I think this is the best opportunity. Though this post does not serve to provide any interesting lessons per se, I believe we learn something from the experiences of others. With this note, I welcome you to the last post of the year.

2012 - what an year it has been for me! Now it might sound not so realistic when I say that I had a hunch about this year before it started. I had a feeling that this year would be an year of change in my life. In fact, I wanted a change in my life - professionally in particular. I had been fed up with the way things were going on in my professional life - not good work to start with. I felt I was losing control of my path and where I wanted to go. By the end of 2011, it became very clear to me that I had to change something - either my work or work place. I started taking baby steps in that direction and the fruits were to be borne only in the new year. Frustrated by the events, I even started looking outside for work. I went for an interview and a candidate there asked me where I was from. When I told my company, he asked "Why did you come from there?" That question sparked something in me - it made me think about my choice of changing the company. I started thinking and analyzing the reason for such decision. After some thinking, I realized that it was not the company per se, it was just my surroundings. So I applied for a change within my company. After a couple of months, I saw the first change in the year - change of my work area. Now it didn't entirely change the shape of the things, but I was hopeful. Of change. I did not know that life had some more plans for me in the store.

On the personal side, things were slowly taking shape. It was time when I felt ready for the next big thing in my life - marriage. And my consent kicked off the events at my home in full pace. Alliances started coming in. By almost mid year, I chose my partner for life - Swathi. It's a different feeling when you decide to get married - especially an arranged one. Both of us did not know much about each other. So we became friends, good friends, and now I can say that there's no better change in my life than her. We got engaged in August and this was the start of many more memorable events to come.

And life was not done yet! Never did I realize that there was much more change to come. On the professional side, after I changed my dept, I got a rare opportunity - to work on something very interesting. But as with all things in life, it did not come for free - it was a challenge in itself - something I had not taken ever since I graduated. Now when you are given such a good opportunity, there's a mix of emotions that occur in us - excitement, joy, anxiety and most of all - fear. I can say that I had all of them with fear factor being a bit more. But it was such a good opportunity that I would be really foolish to miss it. And so I decided - yes! I will do it! I had no idea of the challenges that lay ahead - I only knew that I had to do it - just to check my guts. But there was a twist here too - I had to change my dept again for the new assignment. Now this was getting way above my head!! So I did what I thought was best - accept it! So that was one more change.

The next one and a half month was sweating time at work. The good thing about this assignment is the freedom it gave me to adapt myself to work and give my best. You know, that 'aha!' moment in life. It happened to me when I was doing my internship and this time it's the same but with double the fun and thrill. The joy of learning something new in a very short span of time is really awesome! It just pushes you to your limits of cognitive activity - and I love it!!! And so after 45 days, we achieved a mile stone. And it was well rewarded :) None of this would have happened if it were not because of my coach (boss) - a very big thank you Peter :)

Am I done ? No, some thing more amazing was yet to come - my wedding. This is so far been the best experience in my life. Now I can write a whole blog post about the wedding per se, but for now, suffice it to say that it was an experience that I cannot describe in words. Life after wedding - it's a change in itself :) The joy of having someone in your life with whom you can be yourself - amazing! You feel that you just can't have enough of it :)

Well, now as the year ends, all I can think of is the wonderful journey I went through over the past 12 months - thank you God for blessing me with such a ride - it sure was absolute fun :) 

I hope your life also had a lot of stories in these 12 months. I would really love to hear them!!

Merry Christmas and Wish you all a very happy new year !

God Bless!! Cheers!!!

1 comment:

harini said...

I bet 2012 is one of the most memorable years of your life :). Cherish it! Hope 2013 will bring you all the more joys.