Saturday, January 14, 2012

Never too late

It's already Jan 15th, half way into the first month of a new year, and I have still not told myself the story of the last year. Yes, for some unknown reason, I have gotten into this habit of blogging about the past year on new years eve. This time it was different. I did not blog about the last year. Or, let's say I couldn't. Not that the thought did not pass by mind; but I was caught up in some other thoughts, about the future, stemmed from some things in the last year. There were things that I had to change, and I was trying to figure out how.


Thinking about the last year, 2011, has nothing particularly interesting per se, but it gave me experiences which were exciting and not so. All I remember now are just a few glimpses. Time really flies by, doesn't it?


As every new year, 2011 did bring with it new avenues for growth and development. On a professional front, I worked on something which went into a product which people would use, which would make their lives better. No, this is not something from a Philips ad saying to make lives better. I've always wanted to work on things which would impact people's lives directly, and I could live up to my beliefs this time. It was an extremely interesting period; I learned a lot about work and the professional world. The smile and pride I saw in my father's eyes the day I showed my work is something that I would never forget. And I met some really nice people I would be friends with for a really long time. I had my first international trip, and am really thankful to my team lead for giving me this opportunity.


On a personal front, some things did not work out as expected, and I felt really bad for that. Hope things get better.


So, what am I expecting this year? Call it gut feel or hunch, I believe this year's going to bring some change in my life. Or, may be I should work for that. Oh yeah, my new year resolution: "accept life as it comes, just be ready".

1 comment:

Murthy's said...

Standing in the middle of road is very dangerous--you get knocked down by traffic from both sides.”— Dame Margaret Thatcher, former prime minister, Great Britain

Take a stand!